28.2.15

Make a Statement Challenge



Today I am joining in with the wonderful Sally Russick's Make a Statement Jewelry Challenge.
This one really was a challenge for me as I find that I am normally drawn to making small delicate items of jewellery not really Statement pieces!

A while back I made a ring using one of Jen Cameron's beautiful Lampwork head pins and when the amazing Jen saw it she suggested making a stacker ring with one, so plucking up the courage to part with yet another of my beloved lampwork head pins (You all know I have hoarding tendencies) I got to making and here it is....

stacker ring

I absolutely love the colours in the lampwork, it really is so beautiful. It started off being 3 rings thick but I had to keep adding rings until I felt that the width of the all rings balanced the size of the cab, so six thick it is!

handmade jewellery

I added a small 5x7mm amethyst cab to bring out the purple in the glass, and a small silver blob with two hammered bands to add a bit of texture and interest.
lampwork ring

The only problem is as I have not mastered the art of measuring rings yet, and these ones after all the hammering ended up being too big for my child sized fingers, so into the Hallmarking pile they go!
artisan jewelry
Still I learnt a lot while making these that I will apply to the next set I make, and I found out that I really rather enjoy making rings!

Thank you so much to the lovely Sally for hosting yet another great blog hop, Please take a moment and see what the other participants came up with!



Sally Russick 
Kim Dworak 
Terri Gauthier
Elizabeth Bergesen
Karin Grosset Grange
Paula Kramer 
Patti Vanderbloemen 
Therese Frank 
Beth McCord
Niky Sayers 
and have a wonderful day x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts