7.11.14

New bureau

My beloved desk had finally taken too much of a beating to be mended yet again, so I decided to buy another, but no flimsy flat pack this time (I'm so fed up of replacing draw runners and gluing things back together) any thing that comes into this home needs to be able to take a battering! I decided to get some thing older and made to last, so off I headed to a wonderful second hand furniture shop that I love and there it was! 



A very rustic looking (someone had left it in the rain and the varnish had started to flake off and the wood had split in places) bureau, not what I thought I wanted but as soon as I saw it I fell in love!


I wanted to sand it back and wax it but after a jolly good sand the wood was still in such bad shape I decided to give it a lick of chalk paint and distress it.


The insert is a sheet of wrapping paper from paper chase that my other half found.


Key handles from Ebay


I replaced the key gaurds that were missing


Made lots of stands and a couple of draws for my tools 


even managed to find a few bottles that fit in fantastically (great for my collection of lampwork headpins)


Now I am mostly organised, I just need to sort through my old desk.


I love this little detail a silver plack presented to Mrs T S Taylor November 1933 


Lovely big draws for all my other tools and bits and bobs. I enjoyed this project so much and love how it turned out!



Linked to...

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts